ABOUT OUR DEMOCRATIC PARTY
The Democratic Party is the Party of the People.
The Ohio Democratic Party (ODP) recognizes and collaborates with the Trumbull County Democratic Party
as the official county level Democratic organization.
Steeped and committed to Democratic principles, Trumbull County can be proud of our rich history as Democrats.
At most levels, the Democratic Party is comprised almost entirely of volunteers who rely primarily
on financial donations to fund Party work.
DEMOCRATS ON THE ISSUES
BUDGET & ECONOMY
• Create an economy built to last & built from the middle out. Democrats support public investments in technology and innovation to create a stronger economy for ALL AMERICANS.
• Enable disability access.
• Democrats will always fight to end discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
• Democrats protect voting rights.
• Public and Private investments will help build the middle class.
We believe in the dignity of work. When corporations cut the worker in on the deal, we all benefit.
• Democrats support law enforcement. Democrats believe in investment and health interventions in underserved communities, training and accountability. Death penalty must not be arbitrary.
• Reduce disparities in sentencing and provide treatment.
• Join Central American governments to combat narco-traffic.
• Strong support for public education.
• Investment in Pell Grants & tax credits.
ENERGY & OIL
• Explore for oil responsibly.
• Restore wilderness & watersheds for generations to come.
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
• Democrats believe we are stronger when we have an economy that works for everyone and puts a middle-class life within reach for more Americans.
• We believe in helping Americans balance work and family without fear of punishment or penalty. We believe in early childhood education and guaranteeing equal pay for women.
• As the party that created Social Security, we believe in protecting every American’s right to retire with dignity.
• US leadership at UN, including respectful disagreement.
• Double our exports with new fair trade agreements.
• Curb the influence of lobbyists; no to Citizens United.
• Your vote should count; no voter suppressive laws.
• Democrats support the 2nd Amendment and gun safety. Right to own firearms is subject to reasonable safety laws.
• No arbitrary insurer cancelation; yes pre-existing condition.
• Preserve promise of Medicare; don't privatize or voucherize.
• Confront terrorism while upholding Constitutional values. We support providing resources to monitor and prevent domestic terrorism.
• DREAM Act for now; comprehensive reform.
• Bridge to Work: help the long-term unemployed. Build Back Better
PRINCIPLES & VALUES
• The Democratic Party is the Party of Everyday People.
We believe in protecting all Americans and opportunity for ALL.
• Preserve promise of Social Security; don't privatize.
• Cut taxes for every working family, but not millionaires.
• Recognize and defend Internet freedom worldwide while recognizing responsibility.
WAR & PEACE
• We believe that while our military must be the strongest in the world, it should only be sent into combat when the terms of engagement are clearly presented to the American people and our troops have what they need to fulfill their mission. We believe that war must always be the last resort, never the first choice.Our country has a sacred, moral responsibility to keep faith with all our veterans and wounded warriors.
FAMILY ASSISTANCE & POVERTY
• We believe in looking out for our fellow Americans. Partner with faith-based organizations to serve the needy.